Virginia Pride seeks to unite the segmented LGBT communities throughout the Commonwealth. We strive to be a representative body of the LGBT Community in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We also seek to standardize Pride for the Commonwealth of Virginia by holding a state-wide Annual PrideFest Celebration.
At Virginia Pride, our mission is to be a vehicle for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender awareness, networking and education to reach the broader Commonwealth Community. Through various methods, we seek to provide unique events designed to instill pride, celebrate unity and embrace diversity in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We strive to improve the lives of LGBT Virginians by creating visibility and promoting full human and civil rights through education, networking and celebrations that advocate equality.
More about VA Pride!
Virginia Pride is...
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing resources and an open and approachable forum for the LGBT Community. A copy of our 501(c)(3) letter is available upon request.
- The provider of community initiatives such as our VA Pride Scholarship Program and individual Workshops that educate and create awareness.
- The host of the 2010 Prides of the South East (POSE) Conference in Richmond
- The presenter of the George Michael "Buster" Zurik Community Commitment Award.
- A leading force in the Central Virginia region for positive, fair-minded community progression and unity!
Making it Happen!
What does it take to run a successful non-profit LGBT organization in today's political climate?
What happens behind the scenes to launch our extremely popular Annual Pride Festival?
How does Virginia Pride continue to grow each year and have more and more impact on the Equal Rights Movement?
The Short Answer: A dedicated board and committed staff of volunteers, lots of fundraising, and with the help of leaders in the community such as yourself that set an example by showing your support!